Reasons to choose Foam Works for a healthier home :
- Completely air seals buildings creating a comfortable, draft-free environment
- Prevents condensation, thus eliminating the breeding ground for mold and mildew
- Locks out dust, allergens, odors and pollutants
- Is ideal for individuals who are chemically sensitive or suffering with allergies or asthma
- Isolates your living space from toxic garage fumes
- Is water-based – Does NOT contain any formaldehyde, CFCs, HCFCs or VOCs
- Is flame retardant – contributes no fuel in the event of a fire
- Offers absolutely no food value to mold or insects
Spray Foam has a sealed thermal envelope and when applied, it fills each cavity and void. It can improve the overall comfort and health of the residents because there are few loose fibers moving around. By reducing air infiltration, this product can eliminate dust and harmful, household mold and mildew. Spray Foam Insulation provides the family with a healthier, indoor environment. The benefits will eventually decrease the cost. This material will adhere to almost every material such as wood and steel.
It is fairly easy for water to leak into basements and form permanent puddles on the ground, which will cause mold and mildew thrive. Spray foam insulation works well against water and moisture because it expands to fit the space. It does not chip and crack over time. This is the leading cause of mold in basements; it isn’t that the insulation was improperly installed or inadequate, but that it cracked over time. These cracks are responsible for moisture getting in.
Spray Foam insulation also helps control moisture condensation because it does not shrink or settle. It is fire resistant and reduces heating and cooling costs significantly and its thermal seal keeps cold air in and unwanted air out. It has also been known to improve indoor air quality, thereby decreasing the likelihood of allergies. It also has high quality sound control, and significantly reduces dust, mold and mildew accumulation. Most importantly, the spray foam has been known to help the economy and the environment by using recycled materials in the foam. The containers are usually recycled. Those who use spray insulation are committed to providing quality renewable resource based building materials. The foam can help families save on their energy bills. Some people have claimed to save from 20 per cent to 40 per cent of their utility bill every month, depending on where they live. Thus it saves money and can help protect the planet too.